Send besked med dine oplysninger.
Om Merlyn Perez-Silva
Merlyn is an Ableton Certified Trainer, with many years of experience in teaching electronic music to individuals and groups. He has both a Master’s degree, and a Postgraduate Soloist Diploma, from DIEM/Det Jyske Musikkonservatorium. Today he teaches part-time at DIEM, travels Europe giving seminars on music production, creates YouTube content for Warp Academy, and releases music with Iboga Records.
Merlyn normally teaches in English, but can teach in Danish if preferred. Although his expertise is in Ableton Live, Merlyn is happy to teach in Logic X, Garage Band or Cubase.
Teaching Electronic Music Production in Ableton Live
- Making sounds: Sampling, Synthesis and Sound Design.
- Beats and Rhythm: theory and practice of making awesome grooves.
- Arrangement and Work flow: Turning loops into complete songs.
- Composition: developing your musical style, and learning how to express your self in your music.
- Mixing and DIY Mastering: theory, tools and tricks.
‘Studio to Stage’: taking your productions to the stage, working with your voice or
Coaching in Live Looping, Finger Drumming and Dub Mixing.
Merlyn can teach in any genre, and is particularly experienced in modern rhythmic music, eg. Dubstep, Techno, Glitch-Hop, Trap.
Learning music with Merlyn is always hands-on and individualistic; he encourages you to send a short message before the first lesson, explaining:
- How you got to where you are, eg“I took a course at Højskole”
- Your musical influences, and what kind of music you want to make:“I love club music, and want to learn to make Deep House"
What you want to get from our time together, eg. “I want to make great Hip Hop beats so I can work with rappers”
If you’re just starting out, we can save a lot of time (and money!) if you play with this website for a while:
...and watch the Learn Live 10 videos on Ableton’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoh4MB-kbBmJGLjNwRNr5qAtDr1V3zcNr